I recently interviewed Rodney Edenfield, CSO of LocalizeIt Online, an internet marketing expert with over 13 years of experience helping service companies improve their web presence, and I asked him to share his thoughts on Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising. He said, “The ultimate goal is to gain front page dominance. Being visible on the first Google search engine results page in all three aspects (PPC, Organic and Local) can increase the likelihood of a searcher clicking on a website by more than 65 percent. I put a strong focus on PPC advertising as it is the quickest and most effective way to guarantee visibility for any and all keywords related to your business. Also analyzing a PPC campaign quickly provides a lot of information that can then be used in your Search Engine Optimization strategy to improve your website’s organic performance too.”
Read the November issue of Reeves Journal to learn about the five top KPIs you should analyze monthly:
- Click Through Rate (CTR) is the number of clicks on an ad divided by the number of times the ad is shown (impressions).
- Average Page Position describes how your ad typically ranks against competitors’ ads. This rank determines in which order ads appear on the page.
- Click to Call Ratio (CTC) is the most important KPI for any PPC campaign. CTC is the number of calls generated from a PPC campaign divided by the number of clicks over a specified time period.
- Quality Score is a dynamic metric assigned to each keyword, and is calculated using a variety of factors.
- Cost per Call is the total amount of PPC advertising funds spent to receive a phone call to your business.