by: Denise Swafford, Nexstar Business Coach
At Nexstar’s Super Meeting, I spoke at the breakout session titled, “Driving An Accountable Business.” One of the key points I focused on during this session was the importance of goal setting. What kind of goals are you setting for your business in 2012? Do you have a clear cut, defined vision?
Here are some helpful steps in helping you make sure you are setting clear cut and attainable goals for yourself and your business.
- Have Desire. Know why you do what you do every day.
- Write down your goals. They must be in writing. If it’s not in writing, it’s just a dream. Writing them down and sharing them with others makes your goals real.
- Identify Obstacles & Enlist Assistance: this is where the power of the Nexstar Network comes in. We’re here to help each other work through issues and also to celebrate our successes.
- Your goals must be anchored to a due date. This will help you to stay on track and motivated.
- Use visual images to remind yourself of your goal. Tape a picture of what you want somewhere where you will easily be able to see it many times during the day.
- Persistence: Stay on course and keep trying! You will triumph!